We will work diligently to protect your rights.
The Law Office of Jim A. Trevino provides dedicated and comprehensive legal representation in a variety of areas Serving Fresno, Clovis, Hanford, Lemoore, Avenal, Corcoran.
People often think of misdemeanors as minor offenses that can simply be plead guilty to and involve minimal, if any, repercussions. This can be the case in certain circumstances, but a single misdemeanor conviction could hurt you in any number of ways. A misdemeanor conviction could preclude you from finding work in certain fields. You could be charged significant fines, be placed on probation, and even be forced to serve time in jail.
Misdemeanor charges are certainly nothing to be taken lightly. Common misdemeanors include:
- Assault: Causing a victim to apprehend violence
- Burglary: Illegal entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offense.
- Traffic Violations: A traffic violation is any violation of the law committed by the driver of a vehicle while it is in motion.
- Disorderly Conduct: To be drunk in public, to “disturb the peace”, or to loiter in certain areas.
- Public Intoxication: A public cases or displays of drunkenness.
- Trespassing: Wrongful interference with one’s possessory rights in (real) property
- Vandalism: Defacement directed towards any property without permission of the owner.
- Some Drug Possessions: having one or more illegal drugs in one’s possession, either for personal use, distribution, sale or otherwise.
Misdemeanors can carry with them up to $1,000 in fines and 90 days of jail time, so don’t find yourself under informed and under-represented. Despite being less costly than a felony, misdemeanor charges often require just as much skill, expertise, and preparation as their harsher counterparts. Don’t sleep on your misdemeanor charge. It is important for you to know your rights and to know your options. We can help Serving Fresno, Clovis, Hanford, Lemoore, Avenal, Corcoran.